Mill Road is well known for its independent shops and businesses, so it’s no surprise that the area has done so well in the Discovering Cambridge competition. Discovering Cambridge was set up by local MP Julian Huppert in January of this year to celebrate the City’s independent traders and encourage people to visit their local shops, businesses, cafes, restaurants and pubs. People have been able to vote for their favourite in a different category each month and the winners from the Mill Road area have included the following:
- Best Independent Coffee Shop (January) – Hot Numbers
- Best Independent Music Shop (February) – Rhythm Online
- Best Independent Specialist Food Retailer (March) – Limoncello
- Best Independent Pub (July) – The Kingston Arms
- Best Independent Home & Garden Shop (August) – Cutlacks
An overall winner will be announced at the Mill Road Winter Fair on Saturday 7th December, and now’s your chance to vote for your favourite – just make sure you fill in a voting form while there’s still time. It great to see the traders and businesses around Mill Road doing so well, the best way to show your support for them is to use them – and of course vote!